• Cars Land at Disney's California Adventure
12-acre themed area, opened 2012, was designed and developed by four UC alumni:
A Cars Land is now being planned for Disneyworld.
• San Francisco’s Golden Gate Bridge
• Encounter Restaurant, Los Angeles Airport, located inside a 1960s building that resembles a spaceship perched atop 135-foot high parabolic arches.
Architect Dick Blinder created the Ford Center for the Performing Arts out of two old theaters. Photo/Frederick Charles
• Ellis Island Immigration Museum
• Ford Center for the Performing Arts
• Grand Central Terminal restoration
• South Street Seaport restoration
• 21 Club
Famous restaurant once frequented by Cary Grant, Aristotle Onassis and Ernest Hemingway; 21 W. 52nd St.
• Swan and Dolphin hotels, Walt Disney World
• Cinderella Castle Suite, inside Disney World's Cinderella Castle
• Reds stadium
• Aronoff Center
• Newport on the Levee
• Newport Aquarium
• Relief sculpture of three batters, measuring 50 by 20 feet, located at the Reds stadium administration building
• Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum
• Cleveland Browns Stadium
• French Quarter, Music Legends Park at 311 Bourbon Street is a pocket-sized park honoring Jazz legends.
• Cannon House Office Building, oldest congressional office building in Washington, D.C., outside of the U.S. Capitol Building. Completed in 1908, it is located opposite the Capitol Plaza at the junction of C Street and New Jersey Avenue. Because its last remodeling took place in 1932, so the House of Representatives is in the early planning stages for a top-to-bottom renewal of the building. (Read more and watch a video.)
Spinners mascot, the Canaligator
Owned by Drew Weber, Bus '66, since 1997, the Spinners have sold out every home game in their 5,000-seat Edward LeLacheur Park stadium since the end of the 1999 season. One of their alumni is former Bearcat Kevin Youkilis, '01, played for the Spinners for one year after grad., then moved on to the Major League teams of thew Boston Red Sox and the New York Yankees. Read the complete feature story.
• Walton's Mountain Museum, in an old Blue Ridge Mountain elementary school in Schuyler, Va., across from the childhood home of Hamner, the "real" John Boy
• William Howard Taft National Historic Site, Auburn Avenue, Cincinnati
Ah-Tah-Thi-Ki Seminole Museum in southern Florida
• Ball State University Museum of Art
• Cincinnati History Museum at the Cincinnati Museum Center
• Lake Champlain Maritime Museum
• Los Angeles Museum of Contemporary Art
• Cleveland Museum of Art
• College Football Hall of Fame
Kent Stephens, CCM ’76, is museum curator and historian of this South Bend, Ind., museum. He was previously collection manager (updated 7-11)
Warren County Historical Society Museum, Lebanon, Ohio
• Museumscapes, a Dallas-based company that designs, fabricates and installs original museum exhibits