COVID-19 Updates: uc.edu/publichealth
As Atlantis left the Kennedy Space Center in Florida in July 2011 for its 12-day mission to the International Space Station, University of Cincinnati alumnus and chief flight director John McCullough was monitoring every function of the launch 1,000 miles away in Mission Control at the Johnson Space Center, Houston.
Although the Space Shuttle Program ended with this mission, UC alumni at NASA are looking forward to the next adventure, focused on deep-space exploration and research.
- In Focus image of shuttle docking with space station
- UC alum John McCullough helps complete final shuttle mission
- From co-op jobs to NASA careers
- What's next for NASA?
- Decades of advancing flight
- Discovering water on moon
In Focus Photo Gallery